Indoor air quality is a growing issue
A poor air quality can affect the health but also the productivity of the building users. Generally designers of buildings put very little effort on this topic and focus on energy issues. Construction companies are not quite familiar with this issue and answers are missing in order to help them.
In particular, there is a lack of dynamic tools which can manage real-time monitoring of chemical pollution. The current 2-step method that requires sampling in the building and then an analysis in a lab are not suitable for a general use in building, a continuous monitoring as for energy.
Real-time monitoring of indoor air quality is also relevant for the construction process quality, in particular in the case of refurbishment in occupied site and for commissioning activities.
BLUE Industry and Science (project partner) has developed the first analyzer dedicated to real-time measurement of Indoor Air Quality.
The ambition of Built2Spec is to optimize this solution by:
- developing a truly portable version of this analyzer, designed and adapted for field operation by a construction technician (non-specialist).
- updating this analyzer with other specific sensors for particulate matters
- building a unique indicator to manage all collected data and give a simple information to the user.
Objectives of Built2Spec:
- Develop a portable version
- Update the analyzer for particular matters
- Manage all collected data